• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ecclesdown Road (1 Viewer)

Hi,

we have just returned from a trip to Cuba and Jamaica.
Apparently the A4 along the east coast of Jamaica will be closed in the near future for maintenance and all the traffic will be directed along the Ecclesdown Road. We were told this by the owner of the Zion Country Beach Cabins in Manchioneal. Apparently they might start this in April, but he was not shure.
The Ecclesdown road is already being prepared for this, the vegetation along the roadside had been cut back for some kilometers when we were there last week.
So when you travel to Jamaica in the near future be prepared that it might not be possible to bird along the road.
For us it was luckily no problem, since we had seen all the endemics at Windsor Cave, Hardware Gap and at the Zion Country.

All the best,

Felix

Hi,

we have just returned from a trip to Cuba and Jamaica.
Apparently the A4 along the east coast of Jamaica will be closed in the near future for maintenance and all the traffic will be directed along the Ecclesdown Road. We were told this by the owner of the Zion Country Beach Cabins in Manchioneal. Apparently they might start this in April, but he was not shure.
The Ecclesdown road is already being prepared for this, the vegetation along the roadside had been cut back for some kilometers when we were there last week.
So when you travel to Jamaica in the near future be prepared that it might not be possible to bird along the road.
For us it was luckily no problem, since we had seen all the endemics at Windsor Cave, Hardware Gap and at the Zion Country.

All the best,

Felix

Also just returned from Jamaica, Eccelsdown Rd superb, though I was told it was better before they trimmed the overhanging kerbside vegetation.

I little known site, at least I have only seen it mentioned in one trip report, was the track that runs south from Stewart Town police station, inland from Discovery Bay, I found it to be very birdy.

Having said that you can bird the same site two days running and find (or not find) very different conditions and birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back