• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

May have slipped by un-noticed (1 Viewer)

I've had it on order at my local bookshop for a while. We're just back from a week in Glen Affric so I'll pop into town this week and see if it's arrived!

Today's the official publiction date.
Unfortunately (due to adverse weather - ha, a dusting of snow!) the distributer hasn't yet received the books.
Next day or so and then they'll be let loose on the unsuspecting.
Apologies for the delay - I'll post here and on the blog when they start to move.
Best wishes
Tim

Hi Tim,

Here's an update from the colonies as to its availability. Up until a few days ago, the Amazon.com screen that came up when I logged in showed it as 'out of print - limited availability.' Then it changed to what it currently says, which is 'available for pre-order' - at $29.95 US. BUT...the description also shows the availability date as June 1, 2011. I'm hoping that is Amazon being conservative (they appear to be very conservative when projecting ship dates for actual orders, no doubt so they always put themselves in a position to do better than promised). Hopefully it's not actually going to be that long until the distribution pipeline over here is full.

Stop Press

Drawing & Painting Birds is being released by the publisher now.
It looks like distribution will be held up by the weather, so all orders (through my blog) will be processed as soon as I get my shipment (looks like after Christmas, I'm afraid).
Meanwhile I'm off to fit a bathroom . . . . .

I looked at the illustrations on the first link a while back Tim and was so stunned that i forgot to comment...so just to rectify that...i am...[as some say]..."blown away"...!!

Marvelous work speaks for itself....great talents...:t:

ps...good luck with fitting the bathroom...[don't forget the taps]...;)

ps...good luck with fitting the bathroom...[don't forget the taps]...;)

Perhaps user should hire out as an expediter for your publisher;) You have to wonder if someone hasn't perhaps 'forgotten the taps.'

It's sad to see the publication delayed so long. But it surely will be worth effort when it finally arrives. I'm afraid to go back and look at the photos again since it will just make me more bothered that it won't be available here until June I think.

I had a delivery yesterday -Tim’s book has arrived! If it’s not on your Christmas list yet then get it on there straight away!

The artwork is an absolute visual feast and the text, ‘exercises’, anatomical information, tips, advice, examples and so on seem to be some of the most comprehensive I’ve ever seen in a book of this type and I’ve only dipped into it yet. It takes the reader from the very basics of fundamental drawing skills all the way through to advanced techniques from some of the very best bird artists there are.

Some of the artwork and artists many here will recognise from the hallowed halls of Birdforum galleries and threads and there’s bucket loads of new and unseen work, enough to keep anyone drooling over the pages for hours, it’ll certainly keep me occupied over the Christmas holidays! Hopefully I’ll be able to pull myself away from it for long enough to get some work done over the holidays too! The book is full of inspiring imagery that makes me want to paint.

Huge congratulations to you Tim, you’ve done a cracking job and produced a classic that easily deserves its place alongside John Busby’s ‘drawing birds’ on my bookshelf and anybody elses.

Once again, if you don’t have this book yet, do yourself a massive favour and get it!

Mike

I had a delivery yesterday -Tim’s book has arrived! If it’s not on your Christmas list yet then get it on there straight away!

The artwork is an absolute visual feast and the text, ‘exercises’, anatomical information, tips, advice, examples and so on seem to be some of the most comprehensive I’ve ever seen in a book of this type and I’ve only dipped into it yet. It takes the reader from the very basics of fundamental drawing skills all the way through to advanced techniques from some of the very best bird artists there are.

Some of the artwork and artists many here will recognise from the hallowed halls of Birdforum galleries and threads and there’s bucket loads of new and unseen work, enough to keep anyone drooling over the pages for hours, it’ll certainly keep me occupied over the Christmas holidays! Hopefully I’ll be able to pull myself away from it for long enough to get some work done over the holidays too! The book is full of inspiring imagery that makes me want to paint.

Huge congratulations to you Tim, you’ve done a cracking job and produced a classic that easily deserves its place alongside John Busby’s ‘drawing birds’ on my bookshelf and anybody elses.

Once again, if you don’t have this book yet, do yourself a massive favour and get it!

Mike

Right! I'm off to Penrith now to see whether it has arrived. The Haweswater road looks a bit like the Cresta run though.

Mike

Never a truer words said Mike.Have my copy too, I said it would be a collectors peice. Brilliantly done Tim and will be a must have for sure.

:t: Just got email. They have sent the book expected delivery 6th Jan. Not quite sure how they are sending it, carrier pigeon I think.

:-C:-C:-C So close yet so far... they tried to deliver it today and too big for the letterbox. Now I have to spend Christmas with it sitting in the post office 200 yards down the road... :-C:-C

Oh nooooo :smoke: That must be THE ultimate frustration!!! :storm:

My postie failed to deliver the goods so I will have to take action ~ hunt him down and set Suzi onto him :smoke:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back