• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Few Monochromes (1 Viewer)

Great stuff Tim.

Do we share a wedding anniversary by chance? Twenty seven years today for me and Tina, I'm a very lucky chap too!

Mike

Both the most recent are excellent, with very different effects...the Mallard is a wonderfully subtle and restful piece, while the Shearwater piece is very dynamic. Great composition on the second piece to utilize the contrast of light/dark and dark/light in a very natural way.

Ta.
Just been having a bit of fun with this piece - charcoal 34"22"
I also painted a charcoal eider but just realised it needs a major tweak before unleashing it on you good souls ;)

Attachments

• petrels small.JPG
    petrels small.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 151
Have you sneaked in a cryptic Leach's 3rd from right, or is it my dodgy eyesight and even dodgier imagination?

Mike

You're developing an inimitable style here Tim. To go with your other inimitable styles! As I've said before I love seeing monochrome being given its due.

It's not your dodgy eyesight Mike - it does look a tad Leachy, but it's just an attempt to bring a bit of lighting to the upperwing. I toyed with sticking one in, but I've never seen one so I didn't feel I could.
Cheers folks.
Here's something with a change of focus and I suspect will be the last for a while; colour is calling!

Attachments

• eider in strong sidelight small.JPG
    eider in strong sidelight small.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 63
It'll be my dodgy ID then - no change there. Great pic, takes you right out there with them.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back