• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Macro shots from Tamron 80-210mm objective lens (1 Viewer)

Paul Corfield

Thought I'd post these in their own thread. These are taken using the objective elements taken from the Tamron 80-210mm and placing them in front of my Pentax SMC 50mm f1.7 lens.

The Tamron Adaptall-2 80-210mm version 1 which has the model code 03A. See this link by clicking here and this will show the lens diagram etc.

The objective has three elements and when used like this I can focus down to 3". Normally my Pentax 50mm can only focus down to 18" so this is a good gain.

The lens housing can be separated further by unscrewing a retaining ring and this allows you to remove a cemented doublet. When using this lens which has a higher diopter I can only focus down to 6" but this can be beneficial in different situations.

In both ways of using the lens it is razor sharp, the best I've tried out of quite a few front elements.

Paul.

Attachments

• Fly1.jpg
    Fly1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Fly2.jpg
    Fly2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Fly3.jpg
    Fly3.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 156
Here's a few more, all from 3" range with the lens as a triplet. Used the flash on the first one. These insects were about 10mm long for the first two and last one was about 12 or 13mm.

Paul.

Attachments

• Fly4.jpg
    Fly4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Fly5.jpg
    Fly5.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Fly6.jpg
    Fly6.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 134
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back