• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujinon CE20-1 2X teleconverter (Nice) (1 Viewer)

Sure, will do, probably be early tomorrow morning. I found it best to get it very close to the camera and this seems to keep CA well under control, to the point where you don't see it anyway. Got some nice photos with the Fuji TC today so I'll post them maybe later today or in the morning.

Paul.

A couple if images I took today with the Fuji TC. Range for both was 30m (98 feet) and both photos are uncropped.

Paul.

Attachments

• Fuji1.jpg
    Fuji1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Fuji2.jpg
    Fuji2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 91
Have won a couple of the Fujinon's off ebay - 99p !!. Trying to figure the best way to mount them so I wonder Paul if you could post a pic of your moounting for ideas.

Cheers.

Vic

Here's how I've mounted mine and it needs a little bit of an inventive mind to get it up and running. Luckily the Fujinon TC has a thread on both ends so by utilising those treads there's a few similar ways based on this mounting method that would work. I'm using an old bayonet ring from an old TC as these tend to fit fairly well into the cheap macro tubes you get on ebay. The Fujinon TC is held onto that by using a washer and a tube from an old camera lens that has a similar thread. Then it's place inside the macro tube and when the bits are screwed together it all locks up nice and tight.

Paul.

Attachments

• fuji3.jpg
    fuji3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 77
  • fuji4.jpg
    fuji4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 79
  • fuji5.jpg
    fuji5.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 74
  • fuji6.jpg
    fuji6.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 80
Have you had any luck finding a T neg that can do 1.5x ? I guess getting them real close to the film plane is the hardest task.

I'd like a 1.5x to go with my 2x but an original 1.5x TC seems to be much rarer than 2x. Especially non AF / contacts type TC's

Have you had any luck finding a T neg that can do 1.5x ? I guess getting them real close to the film plane is the hardest task.

I'd like a 1.5x to go with my 2x but an original 1.5x TC seems to be much rarer than 2x. Especially non AF / contacts type TC's

I've got a 100-200mm lens coming hopefully this week. My theory is that the mag of the telenegative is controlled by the first number. All my lenses so far have started with either 70mm or 80mm and they have all had around the same mag. As far as the last number goes my lenses have varied between 200mm and 300mm with no effect on the t neg. Maybe all zoom lenses with a proper t neg produce the same mag, we shall see.

Paul.

I'll look forward to that - i've dismantled 2 lenses so far, to get the telenegs out but had trouble mounting them so gave up.

I still have one from a 100-300mm constant aperture ( f5 ) Vivitar. This lens had a close focus option, which meant as you twist zoomed to the 300mm end, then twisted the zoom barrel over the 300mm mark, it became a close focusing lens. Very odd.

The Teleneg from that looks incredibly long.

In fact i've just gone and measured it. Its 50mm long and 30mm across the front element. I'm not sure this will make a good T neg, but the lens took great photos

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back