• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problem with SW FOCUSER (1 Viewer)

Not too soon really, as firstly, no decent tripod head, and worse, i have yet another eye operation on the 30th of this month, ( left eye ) and then another operation on the right eye after Christmas to correct the mess that happened after the operation done in May earlier this year

You should be able to get some between now and then. At the moment I'm using a broken tripod at 1800mm with no lockable axis. At 600mm it should be a doddle ;)

Paul.

As long as i can get focus confirmation, perhaps worth a shot, though i'd worry about the tripod head retaining mech. Fully manual focusing is out of the question at the moment though, till after the ops

Pete, I once took a few shots while testing my TC at my neighbor's workshop. He's got an empty cereal box on his workbench. Even with only a dim security light at night, I manage to get a decent shot, 10sec SS 800 ISO and I can read all the nutritional facts clearly, 65m away. Used two medium duty tripods though.

My eyesight aren't good either and it never "click" me the spot on focus. But your 120 would be fantastically bright.

Not too soon really, as firstly, no decent tripod head, and worse, i have yet another eye operation on the 30th of this month, ( left eye ) and then another operation on the right eye after Christmas to correct the mess that happened after the operation done in May earlier this year

Pete, by now I suppose you had your surgery done and Wish you an extremely speedy recovery. We need you to go out there and shoot something to show us with your new toy. Have a good rest for now then come back with a roar.

Thanks Alphan
Had the operation yesterday, and the op went fine. Everything is way too bright at the moment, but it will calm done in a few days, as this is what happened with my other eye.

Vision has improved a lot overall, but i still need another op on the right eye ( the most important eye to me ) to correct the strange scar tissue they left me with after the first op in May this year. I expect it will be long after Christmas before i get this badly needed 3rd operation

Pete, I am glad the second operation came out ok so far and good luck with your right eye! I am sitting here with dilated pupils from my eye exam.;)

Last edited:
Thanks Steve - i took the pirates patch off today and jeeeeez, everything's bright. ;)

Wouldnt be any help for exams, but should help a bit with photography - more so when they eventually correct the right and most important eye. I cant wait

I can remember as a kid coming out of the Cinema [movie house] in the summer,sunny day and being blinded by the bright summer sun. We went out the fast exit door at the bottom right into the outside. What a shock!

Thanks Steve - i took the pirates patch off today and jeeeeez, everything's bright. ;)

Wouldnt be any help for exams, but should help a bit with photography - more so when they eventually correct the right and most important eye. I cant wait

Then you should really be with your SW120 + 5X TC and your VF would still be sparkling bright....LOL.

Glad everything went well but why so many OP?

First op. was in May on right eye, and it went wrong. Cant see properly, meanwhile, 6 months later i get my other eye done ( Tuesday just gone ) and now they have to correct the problems that i was left with on the first eye ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back