• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carson XM-HD or Zen-Ray ZRS HD? (1 Viewer)

flossiepip

Hi,
Looking to get a good value for money set of 8x32 as a back up for my main pair. Not a great deal of choice from what I can tell here in NZ.
Dont want to spend a huge sum, so looking for a good HD set made in China I suppose.
I know that the Zen-Ray ZRS HD's would be fine but what of the Carson XM-HD's? I can find very little on them, can not access the Carson site for some reason!
They look fine for what I need provided you can get the 8x32's over here!
So does any one have any experience of them!
Thanks.

Hi,
Looking to get a good value for money set of 8x32 as a back up for my main pair. Not a great deal of choice from what I can tell here in NZ.
Dont want to spend a huge sum, so looking for a good HD set made in China I suppose.
I know that the Zen-Ray ZRS HD's would be fine but what of the Carson XM-HD's? I can find very little on them, can not access the Carson site for some reason!
They look fine for what I need provided you can get the 8x32's over here!
So does any one have any experience of them!
Thanks.

The only place I've seen them is in A. G. Russell's catalog, "Russell's for Men." in Rogers, Arkansas. They are phase coated, FMC, 420' FOV, Long ER, waterproof, etc. About $270.00. The only binocular they list.

Bob

My understanding was that the Carson XM-HD was being phased out and was to be replaced by the 3D series which is the model TD-832. See if you can open this link which will show both;
http://www.carsonoptical.com/Binoculars/XM Series

I had briefly looked thru a pair of 10x42 XMHD's about 4 months ago and they seemed like a pretty decent view, but at the prices they were selling at, I thought there were better binos in the $270 range. I see some 8x32's on ebay for $159

There is no Zen 8x32 ZRS HD at this time and no timetable for their introduction, but probably in the next several months perhaps. I am partial to the 8x36 Bushnell Legend Ultra HD which is a very nice little bino. Also Eagle Optics has Rangers on sale as well as Vortex Fury & Vipers.

tom

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back