• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Holkham Shore Larks Question (1 Viewer)

Tomwbhx

I need to retire! ....oh I have!
United Kingdom
We have being coming to the area for a number of years and have walked around Holkham Woods and Beaches many times in the hope of seeing Shore Larks to no avail!

I know they have been seen recently, I just wonder if anyone can give any pointers?

Thanks
Tom

Park on Lady Anne's Drive, walk through the pines and head east. They can be close or a fair way, almost as far as the beach huts. Normally on the far side of the saltmarsh, top of the sandy beach. Unless you are very early there is often a group of people very obviously watching them.

If disturbance is heavy they can go on the west side too.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back