• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (2 Viewers)

Works brilliantly Arthur - great sense of place and mood. Just the ticket, this one mate. I'd imagine this to be quite a nice little seller actually - lovely result.

I love his cheeky character, it's exactly how I see little grebes. A cheery picture all round, lovely.

Thankyou all three.
These two carried on for about 15 mins. about 20 ft. in front of me. Just wouldn't give ground.
could be a good pic. here if I can work it up.

While I was sketching this ,thought of the photo. ( looked him up) Massimo Battoni, allthough his were Bar Tailed Godwits.

Attachments

• Bltg1.jpg
    Bltg1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Bltg2.jpg
    Bltg2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Bltg3.jpg
    Bltg3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 94
It will be a good pic, and you will work it up!! D'ya hear!!!
Fantastic sketches, Tunnicliffe did some great paintings of Blackwits fighting, something I'd love to paint, though all the ones I've seen have been very nice to each other.

That Little grebe is a wonderfully attractive picture and the field sketches are just great. Wish Icould do that!. Might just get chance to have another bash tomorrow.

I hear you Nick and thankyou Wendy.

Brought the Godwits on.
I like it as it is , because they are in winter plumage, I am going to leave it as a pencil drawing . I dont think it needs colour.

Attachments

• Bltg4.jpg
    Bltg4.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 87
Brought the Godwits on.
I like it as it is , because they are in winter plumage, I am going to leave it as a pencil drawing . I dont think it needs colour.

Stunning, Arthur

I agree about leaving it a pencil drawing (IMHO)..but then again...;)

I just hope it gets framed and stuck on someones wall!!

M

excellent, it's got all the energy of the field sketches and I agree that it's fantastic as a pencil drawing.

excellent, it's got all the energy of the field sketches and I agree that it's fantastic as a pencil drawing.

Hi Arthur, lovely work since I was here last. Lil'Grebe is lovely, great colour, well done. Blackwit drawing is fantastic, super birds they are too.
....all the best,Alan.

Your godwits are great, it's lovely to see them in action like that. And the stonechat is really wonderful, jam packed with 'stonechatness'! Looking forward to more as they appear.

Woody

Hi Arthur

I have overlooked this thread. Your work here is fantastic.

Love the flock of flying birds in one of your previous postings

Love your recent Godwits, and Stonechats. Typical Stoney pose sitting directly on the top of a branch. ;)

Just superb. love it all :t:

Regards
Kathy

just dropped in- brilliant b t godwits

(I remember that Massimo Battoni bartail photo you refer to -a jaw-dropping bit of digiscoping as I recall).

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back