• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Easy way to keep up on IUCN redlisting? (1 Viewer)

jimthom

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an easy way to keep up on what birds the IUCN has redlisted (or uplisted, or downlisted within the redlist) without going to the IUCN site and checking, in which case I have to wade through all the plant, insect, fish, reptiles, etc.. Can I get email notifications or anything similar from somewhere that are only for birds and mammals and come right when there is an official change in the species status?

For example, I recently found out through random browsing that the Rustic Bunting was uplisted to VU. Had I not randomly happened onto the website that mentioned it, I would never have known--or would have found out much later. I would like to get a notice in my email inbox or some other place that informs me immediately when the IUCN changes the status of a bird or mammal.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back