• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alpine accentor? (1 Viewer)

cjay

I have recieved a very poor photograph of a passerine seen in a garden at Thorpness Suffolk. It is a bit bigger than a Dunnock has a pale throat, orangy buff flanks & some orangy flecks on the breast, Grey upperparts & a disitinctive white on the edge of the greater coverts.Like a Blue Tit

I think it is an alpine accentor.

Colin J.

Aha! I am now sure it is an ad winter Lapland Bunting, The sender mentions on the back of one of the photograhs it has a longer tail than Dunnock & speckled throat & breast/flanks

A much nore likeley bird.

CJ

Sounds like a textbook desription of an Alpine Accentor - anyway of getting the photo scanned and up on the site?
Whats the background to the report?

Scanner has gone potty cannot scan anymore. Goes all green & blurry.

I am sure that it is Lapland though.

CJ

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back