• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Views From and Of Our Studio Spaces (1 Viewer)

Can't say I actually know her, in fact I don't know any artists except online, strange to say, but I did meet her when we were at the 2009 Birds in Art show, and she is fantastic,...... I've done woodcuts, so much work .......hers are just superb, and she's a lovely person too.

I live above an Adobe Photoshop.

The views ain't great, but the imagination's not bad...B :)

Attachments

• above a photoshop 1.jpg
    above a photoshop 1.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 57
Just a pic of the architecture that surrounds my dwelling. This shot was taken at the end of my the road this evening...[and main reason for photographing this house was the clouds]...:smoke:

;)

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 41
wow, are you sure you didn't digi paint in that sky?

Chuckle..!

No Colleen...i have not tampered with this photo...the image is pure!
This was the natural worlds sky painting that greeted my eyes yesterday....and 'it' seemed to want to have it's photo taken...!

ps....another un-tampered shot of this wonderful cloud formation on my images thread.....[both shots taken with my mobile phone so pixels are minimal...but that's unimportant]...:smoke:

I guess that all you organized artists must have had a subliminal affect on me. On Friday I saw this table for sale at a yard sale for a lowly $10 and couldn't resist it. All of a sudden my studio became much more organized. I know that green wallpaper really has to go!

In the center is my only surviving sculpture, an abstract carved in Osage Orange with a Purpleheart base. I probably ought to clean it to bring out the colors. In any case I still have two large pieces of Osage Orange that I cut from a tree more than 30 years ago. One of these days I'll have to take up carving again. It's a beautiful wood and that's why I've lugged it around for so many years. Who knows what type of abstract bird sculpture might be lurking inside?

I wouldn't post these except it seems to be a bit quiet here today and it's too hot and muggy to do anything;);)B :)

Attachments

• studio062010.jpg
    studio062010.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 58
  • osageOrangeSculpture062010.jpg
    osageOrangeSculpture062010.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 44
For all you geology lovers I just stumbled upon this painting of my neighborhood from 145 years ago: http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/opencollection/objects/2850/Rockdale_Near_Manayunk_PA. I was reading a book on American watercolor and there it was.

I don't immediately recognize the scene but it looks typical of the Wissahickon Creek, just one half mile or so from where I live in the 6th largest metropolitan area in US. It is a very big city, but having streams with formations like this nearby makes it seem much more bucolic. The birds seem to love it too.

The Wissahickon is not typical of the geology of this area and has always been puzzling. The latest theory I know of is that my area is actually part of a foreign terrane, that broke off from some other continent and jammed itself onto the eastern seaboard of the US.

End of geology break.;);)

Mike has it right. Rocks like that don't tend to go anywhere or erode very quickly. There is also another type of rock not pictured in the painting: one showing tremendous metamorphic turmoil, if that's not redundant. But I use all those adjectives strung together because when you first see large rocks, much larger than yourself, that have lines in them that looked like twisted taffy you can help but think: Boy this was some force I've never seen that could just turn huge rocks into taffy like that. I'm not sure if I'm phrasing this correctly. So I'll try again. The rocks look they were once liquid but then were frozen in place. From my understanding of geology that's indicative of metamorphic rock that has been formed by tremendous forces of heat and pressure.

I have to think that my fairly recent interest in geology came about from seeing all the rocks around here. Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to portray it just as Tim has done with some of his local geology.

Great studios! I will post some pics soon.. Mine is a mess and nothing pretty to look at but it is a nice chunk of space that stays nice a cool in the summer and warm in the winter! (as the wood stove is right outside the door) :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back