• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Elite binos? (1 Viewer)

highxj

I'm looking for opinions/experiences with the new Bushnell Elite 8x43's.....I briefly looked at a pair at Cabelas and really liked the way they felt. Couldn't tell much though about the optics by looking around the store...thanks for the help.

Dan C

I have had the opportunity to play with a half a dozen of these binos. I think they are great. A lot of people have expressed concerns with issues that I have not seen.

ranburr

I have tried these bins along side the four top end models (Leica ultravids, Swaro ELs, Zeiss FLs, Nikon HGLs) adn optically they were not up to the quality. I know that they are not quite as much as some of these models, but do retail for about the same as the Nikon HGL (Premier XL). The Nikon seemed to me to be much better optically, and felt much nicer in the hand.

Make sure you try all similarly priced competition before going for the Bushnells.

postcardcv said:
Make sure you try all similarly priced competition before going for the Bushnells.

I did not like the view through them. I believe that they are overpriced, and i have seen Kahles and Minox binoculars that offered the same optical performance for $300 less. So, do try some of the $600 binoculars. As postcardcv says, the $900 Nikon are unbeatable.

Thanks for the advice gents, looks like I need to do a more thorough eval. Already having Leica Geovids and Ultravids, I need another pair of bins like a hound dog needs two tails. But you know how it is!

Dan C

I believe the optics to be related to the Pentax SP, except that you pay almost twice as much for a tweaked eyepiece (wider FOV) and that Swaro-like styling.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back