• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (22 Viewers)

Good to see you're home safe Jim.... I'm on rioja... A Co-op special offer less than £6.00 a bottle.
Must admit to having a wish for a turtle on my garden list.

Bordeaux for me chaps - keeping it red.
Your hardcore James - enjoy Bolton Abbey.
I'm surprised you guys are back yet - thought you'd be switching back to night vision goggles around now.
really enjoyed the day lads.
looking forward to the next
cheers
rob

Went to the coast again today, started at Bempton, they must have been 300+ people there is birding the new "rock and roll" I ask? expected seabirds, plus whitethroats, followed by a visit to Hoddy Cows lane, where I connected with a Cuckoo, did not manage a photo, heard Firecrest, but not seen. A couple of photos of whitethroats attached

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 82
  • lesser1.jpg
    lesser1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Hi Marcus, it is....more pics on website. Would you PM me directions of the Pied Flys at Bolton Abbey, planning a trip at the end of next week. Also planning a trip to the Farne Islands if interested mid late June.......Oh and the Scillies in October 2nd or 3rd week

4+ black terns, 2+ little gulls, 1 Bitterntwisted

All close to the east bank hawking (or in my case being hawked by) insects to 1645. Also 2 Garden Warblers, 2 Lesser Whitethroats including one giving photo ops in the hawthorn we walked past right on the roundabout opposite the Swan and Cygnets, Marcus.

Was about to go and add Black Tern to the Losh list (they're everywhere so there must be some there) when Marcus texted about the Woodchat Shrike (Thanks again!). Lovely bird and a lifer for me - watched it for 2 1/2 hours - about to check the books now to reconcile the verdict of 2CY male with what I noted.

Graham

PS- that swan photo is superb

Nice, very nice...thats a good image, hope Steve took a photo, would like to see the Woodchat, I have only seen a juv.

Dave, I managed a few shots. It was showing well but still fairly distant for photography. I'm sure ther'll be better shots than mine, but if not I'll post one.

Had a corking drake Garganey showing at about 25 feet range at North Duffield this afternoon. Was absolutely lovely and the best possible views.

revisited thorne moor this afternoon. parked at moorend. walk takes about 45mins to get to the viewing platform which is dodgy for scopes as it is steel mezzanine. bit hazy, so i walked to the road that bisects the moor. 3-5 hobbies were hawking for insects on all points of the compass. how we missed them on sunday i'll never know. no sign of black terns.

mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back