• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Member (1 Viewer)

RoyH

Hi all

My name is Roy Howell, I am located near the town of Grimsby in the county of north east Lincolnshire, UK.

Just started digi-scoping I use the Nikon Coolpix 995 - Swarovski a/t HD 80 - 20x60 zoom eyepiece. At first I started with a Kowa TS611 but you only get what you pay for and I am very pleased with the results I am now producing from the new scope. The Kowa was ideal for birding but not digi-scoping it was producing lots of chromatic abbrations ( blue colour casts ).

I have only been in this hobby a few months and I have to thank everyone who have been so helpful with their tip and tricks.

I am pleased to be a member of this forum.

Regards

RoyH

And we're all pleased to have you here, Roy.

A very warm welcome indeed. Looking forward to some picture posts in the near future.

Hi Roy, great to see you here....hopefully your pics will be appearing in the galleries very shortly. I'll send you an e-mail tomorrow evening about other things (Birdfair and all).
Regards,
Andy B

Thank you for the warm welcome

Hello Kevin

We live at North Thoresby so we are quite close to many of the Lincolnshire Trust reserves. The beach at Cleethorpes is teaming with life in the winter and I am looking forwards to taking advantage of this in the winter. I visit Far Ings, at Barton I will be posting a picture of a juvinile Bittern I was lucky to get in July.

Killingholme Haven has above 1000 Godwits at the moment plus the Little Egret has been photographed by a friend of mind and I plan to go there myself one day next week. I am still waiting to see my first Spoonbill. I am looking forwards to next month as I have booked two nights near to Rutland Water.

Next time you visit your Mother I suggest you try and make our local reserves at Barton and Killingholme, I have not been to Blacktoft yet but I hope to do so.

Cheers, Roy.

Hi Roy

I'd just like to welcome you to the group Roy and congratulate you on finding your way to the BirdForum website :)
I hope that you will be sharing your knowledge and experiences in the threads and post a few photos on the galleries.

Hi Ian

Thank you and all the other members for your kind welcome, not much of an expert but I am improving but if I can contribute with what I have already picked up it would be my pleasure to share this. This kind of group is all new to me so I am not sure if I am doing things correct, after a while I am sure I will soon get used to the proceedure.

Thank you all again.

Roy.

JennyWren said:
Hi Roy........

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics!

JennyWren :)

Hi Jenny

Thank you for your welcome reply, still finding my way around the site but I will posting some images soon.

Enjoy the weekend.

Roy.

ralph_wiggum said:
And we're all pleased to have you here, Roy.

A very warm welcome indeed. Looking forward to some picture posts in the near future.

Hello Ralph

Thank your so kind and its most interesting what I have seen so far in Bird Forum.

Roy.

Roy,
Welcome to the board.

Just looked at your Woodpecker pic. Even though you have only just started this digiscoping lark like me, you have got it sussed really well - a fantastic pic. I'm getting some reasonable shots and am improving but you have cracked it.

Colin

Hello Colin

Thank you for your comments, I first started with a Kowa TS611 but it was not suitable for digi-scoping with it not having HD glass so I decided to push the boat out and buy the best...its only money and you can't take it with you. I can certainly see a big improvement plus I have improved and I think I have mastered the settings on my 995. I would be interested in what you use. I posted an image today of a pair of young squirrels that I took using the Kowa, I shall certainly be keeping my eye on that hole in that tree next year and hopefully get another chance using the new scope.

Many thanks for your reply.

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back