• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finally got my binos!!! (1 Viewer)

motts

Well, I finally purchased my binos! I've been debating over the last few months between the Meopta Meostars, Zen ED2s, Pentax DCF ED, Minox HG, Vortex Razors, and Zeiss Conquest ABK...all in 10x.

I've had a chance to try most of them. I was real close to pulling the trigger on the Conquest and Zens. I read too many negative things about the conquest. I'll probably still purchase then Zen ED2s at some point. However, the Meoptas are tried and true as far as being a super tough bino. I will use them for hunting and wanted something tough.

Well, I was checking some things tonight on Ebay and happened to do a search for the Meopta 10x42. Lo and behold there was one pair from a very reputable company...(over 9000 review and 99.7% positive) selling a pair for a dang good price!! The Ebay seller was very reputable, and they have a return policy, albeit a short one. The 10x42 was their last one so they had it discounted to close it out.

Needless to say, I'm stoked! I can't wait for my Meostars to get here. I was going to wait til after the first of the year to get them, but couldn't pass up the great price. I'm sure they would've been gone withing 24 hours.

Thanks to all who have given their thoughts, reviews, and opinions. They are all appreciated.

Motts

Last edited:
Congrats. Do a thorough product test on all eBay purchases. Diopter etc. The diopter should not be at either end of its range when it is set for you. Use them a few hours in the field. This can be in place of an alignment test. They should not cause eye strain.

Good for you. Be sure to give us an update on your evaluation on the Meopta.

I think you made a good decision on ordering those, quality build, proven optics.

Long term, you should be happy for many years. You cannot say that about some
of the others you've mentioned.

Thats one I didn't try when I was looking at 10x Binoc's before. I settled on the Pentax ED's. Have heard good things about the Meopta though! Enjoy! Bryce.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back