• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cranes in Gallocanta in February (Zaragoza, Spain) (1 Viewer)

arodris

Hi,

This year there were lots of cranes wintering in Gallocanta, with maximus of about 50.000. Thus, I took one free day and I went there. When I arrived, still remained about 33.000 cranes. It was really spectacular!. But not only crane. Other species appeared during the journey, including some mammals, as roe deer and wild boar (although they were far from my position). Regarding birds, large amounts of ducks, and red kites, northern harriers, marsh-harriers, and much more.

You can see the complete report, with maps, pictures and the complete list of observations here.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back