• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Did Bushnell Custom Compact 6x25s come with eyecups? (1 Viewer)

First, I want to say thanks for allowing me to be part of this forum. I found the forum while researching the Bushnell Custom Compact 6x25 binoculars.

I have a pair of old, like new Custom Compact 6x25s. They do not have rubber eyecups. From the looks of things, I am not sure that they were made with eyecups to begin with. I would like to find out if they had eyecups to begin with and how the eyecups were attached. Also, would replacement eyecups be available if I wanted to add them?

I have been looking at pictures of some different used Custom Compacts I have seen. It seems some of them had eyecups and others did not. Also, the mounting points of the lanyard changed also.

David Enoch

Last edited:
I would like to find out if they had eyecups to begin with and how the eyecups were attached. Also, would replacement eyecups be available if I wanted to add them?

David Enoch

I had the 6x25 Custom Compacts during the 1980s. It had fold-down rubber eyecups. In fact I lost one eyecup, and was able to buy a replacement at that time. It simply stretched over the eyepiece into position.

I see this is an old post, but your answer comes "better late than never."

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back