• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Bournemouth/Brownsea Island (1 Viewer)

htcdude

Hi all,

I'll be heading down to Bournemouth for a night, and will probably be going to Brownsea Island. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to see this time of the year; anything unusual perhaps??? Any particular place on the island to go to?

Thanks,

Nige

Hi Nige

Here's a link to the Opus article.

When are you going, though? As it appears there's no access between November and March (unless anyone knows differently)

Hope it helps though.

D

Oh....we had planned to go next week! We'll have to make other plans then...

Any other nice walks around there please??? :)

Go to Sandbanks and get the "ferry" over to Studland. Before you cross, check out all the rock and concrete in the water for Purple Sandpiper, there are usually some about. Walk along Studland beach and scan offshore for divers and scarce grebes. Head back inland to Studland heath and walk back past the Little Sea and then Scan Poole harbour for Long-tailed Duck before returning to the Ferry.

It is a beautiful area and should produce a great variety of birds from the variety of habitats covered.

ATB

Robin

I might just try that, will check with me wife (who's 34 weeks pregnant and not really into birding, so will have the final say!) :)

Thanks for the info

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back