• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Andrews Sketchpad (1 Viewer)

I like the landscapes too, but also the people where you gave up the outline and just freely scribbled the forms, they are lively and descriptive.

Sadly, the rooks really arn't worth posting, as with previous posts, they just keep moving about, even if i get the lines down, the idea of sploshing colour is lost on me at times...... two of the best possibly.....
DSCN1488.jpg DSCN1493.JPG DSCN1491.JPG

Started the evening classes last night, I wont bore you with the details, but if I get any wildlife orientated stuff done, Ill post the results........

This first study is an absolute cracker - poise and balance, super character and really well seen tonal values. It's a beaut!

Collar Dove, and a Rook...
DSCN1519.JPG DSCN1520.JPG DSCN1523.JPG

And although not a wildlife item......Somthing from my new evening classes..
DSCN1515.JPG DSCN1516.JPG
Im now starting to appriciate the difference between a detailed Drawing and a field sketch at long last...Boring but everyday objects tackled to learn the delicate shading skills......

Andrew, I remember taking about a year's worth of drawing instruction back when I was about 14, and nearly every class the teacher had us drawing still lifes of these collections of teddy bears she'd set up -- I really hated those @#$% bears! Still, it did allow me to get those much-needed basic skills down (although the teacher was something of a dogmatist and managed to turn me off of formal art instruction for good by the end of the last session!)

More great stuff here, and I must have missed that rook in your previous post -- awesome pose!

Terrific watercolours Andrew and very strong drawing underpinning them. Good for you that you're taking a step further with your investigative drawing - these are super results. Your use of line and wash is really comng together in a big way now - keep at it.

Back to field sketches again, and still full of Avo's.......managed to photo some Terns and a BHG which may feature later this week as practice for tonal sketches.....

DSCN1525.JPG DSCN1526.JPG DSCN1527.JPG

I've really got to start following these threads better - some nice work here -particularly like the rook, and there's a nice composition on the first avocet.

welcome to the forum adeshh, I believe you have something to say about some sort of television offer????

ah I see our new friend has been deleted! We had a spammer on earlier - just being polite and saying hello!

ah I see our new friend has been deleted! We had a spammer on earlier - just being polite and saying hello!
Our Mods were extremely quick off the mark (Delia and KC, I think) - he'd been deleted even before I notified them. Looked like he had some nice TVs and CD players for sale too.

Air of Mystique...Did think you needed any Nick......Even I missed the chap in all the confusion..
I also seem to be suffereing abit, Missed the normal outing with Woody, spent the weekend with the outlaws, and finding no time in the evenings....
Forced myself to do a few quick Terns from photos set on quick slide mode again....Not to good this time, seem to have slipped back to my 'graphic mode' again

(cant post piccy at the moment, computer really slow)

Last edited:
DSCN1530.JPG
AH HA....At last......Damn Gremlins, get back in the box.!!!!

evening classes are about to take a hugh leap of faith, This week, Ill be mostly.......sketching up my first full size A3, watercolour...Nervous???? You bet.!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back