• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New pics (1 Viewer)

Anne266

Hi everyone.
I've not posted for some time as I've been busy drawing every spare minute I've had. Hope you like the results. Comments welcome
Anne :egghead:

Attachments

• Chicken of the woods0001.jpg
    Chicken of the woods0001.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Wild rabbit0001.jpg
    Wild rabbit0001.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 172
I think these are really fine, Anne - superb use of a really difficult medium. In my opinion, I think they would be even further improved by either vignetting the image or by taking the background further away from your subjects. It's your work, of course - but with softer outlines to the drawing I think one would focus more on the centrepiece.
Excellent as they are, though!

I agree with Tim. The solid edge around the drawings does give a somewhat stark appearance to the final drawing in the rabbit. Your drawing and observation skills are excellent but I think that just a little more tone would help to really bring the rabbit to life. Highlights in the eys and maybe a few softer lighter touches to the fur would give it even more dimension. Just my opinion. In any case lovely work.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back