• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Penguin sp. in Cornwall (1 Viewer)

I think she was right the first time it's a rabbit.

(More worryingly why was the curator of Newquay Zoo only 'almost certain' it was a Guillemot?)

All the best

The Daily Heil couldn't tell the difference between the Nazis and a good government so how on earth can we expect them to know the difference between a Guillemot and a penguin?

Still can't beat their 'Snow Bunting' story from a few years back. Now that was shocking. This is just pathetic page-filling (well, as is most of the Wail I 'spose). Good 'ole Chantelle.....

I've taken the image and done a bit of photoshop, changed the contrast & levels, a bit of sharpening nothing else. Yep, definitely a Puffin.

Attachments

• puffin.jpg
    puffin.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 41
The bit about the seal wasn't on yet when I posted this earlier as a quick heads-up, had to rush out for a seawatch (just a few Kittiwakes and Penguins, the odd Polar Bear plunge-diving etc etc), but yep, that bit is actually quite interesting (but not quite as entertaining ;) ). Anyway, quality journalism ... not! (The petition at the bottom wasn't there either).

Are there other better-recommended online news providers out there? The Guardian? Express? Any recommendations? Who can we trust?!

Last edited:
I am sure I saw a narwhal in the Manchester Ship Canal earlier. My colleague thought it was a tree branch after the hurricane but I am pretty sure.

Disclaimer: Incident may not have happened, especially as I was nowhere near Manchester today.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back