• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cisticola - Mole NP, Ghana Dec 2013 (1 Viewer)

Djerf

Please let me know your opinion about this bird.

All the best

Joakim

Attachments

• 1_Cisticola.jpg
    1_Cisticola.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2_Cisticola.jpg
    2_Cisticola.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 3_Cisticola.jpg
    3_Cisticola.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 18
  • 4_Cisticola.jpg
    4_Cisticola.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 22
I am more inclined to go for Singing Cisticola (cantans) although I would prefer a slightly better supercilium.
Field marks of Rufous crown and wing panel combined with grey/brown back and distribution throughout most of Ghana do it for me.

Thanks for your replies!
I think Singing too, but we had someone on our trip saying Dorsts.
Not the best timing for my posting cause I'm going away for a field trip just now so I will not be able to reply ifor some time.
All the best
Joakim

Sorry, my mistake. I thought Singing looked too red in my field guide "Birds of Africa south of the Sahara"

I have that Field Guide too and know just what you mean. The archtypical LBJs. Look at Dorst.
I am not sure if Cisticolas actually know what they are supposed to look like!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back