• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings-Finally! (1 Viewer)

shropshirelad63

Having thought i would never see one, i finally managed a small flock of 4 yesterday! very happy birder:t:

Attachments

• wax crop1.jpg
    wax crop1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 59
LOL that's a day you won't forget in a hurry SL!!!

Stunning birds, both and a great find for you lad. Well done.

It's always a great feeling to finally see that elusive bird. Congratulations.

Well done with the Waxwings! I love these birds, their beauty just blows me away! I saw my first (9) in January 2013, and it took me 4 years, 22 days, 2 hours, and 20 minutes to see another one (just a single individual) this January.

Congratulations! It must have been brilliant.

I've never seen our waxwing, but I did happen upon a flock of Cedar waxwings in the USA, feeding in a tree at my level. They let me get pretty close. It was quite magical.

Thanks guys, it is a day i will remember! the birds were reported on twitter the previous weekend-thats 7 days for them to move on. So igot to what i thought was the site, no sign, then actually drove past the site-still no sign, and gave up, headed back toward town when i spotted one in a Hawthorn bush by the side of the road:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back