• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help needed (1 Viewer)

graham catley

In June I took 2000+ RAW images in Norway--I filed them all in My Pictures under Norway then species name and started sorting----all the converted files JPegs and TiFFs open with a click into Photoshop except all of the Long-tailed Skua pics--these were taken on different dates along with other images which do open so a problem at source seems to be ruled out---I have tried open with another programme then resetting to photoshop but when I click on the thumbnail the computer launches Photoshop but doesn't read the Jpeg format so no picture appears-- However if I go into Photoshop and choose File Open then go to the Long-tail JPeg in the folder and open it it works fine----if I thne alter th eimage and save it to a different folder it still refuses to open with a click and I have to go back to Open File again in Photoshop----I guess something must have happened to all of these files but I cannot work out what it is--attributes all seem to be the same as other converted JPegs----
anyone got any ideas?
Graham Catley

Hi Graham, not certain if I understand your exact problem. You could try opening them in Photoshop using file open, if there are any adjustment layers you need to 'flatten' them, and then do a 'save as' to jpeg format,perhaps in a new folder. Good luck.

graham catley said:
In June I took 2000+ RAW images in Norway--I filed them all in My Pictures under Norway then species name and started sorting----all the converted files JPegs and TiFFs open with a click into Photoshop except all of the Long-tailed Skua pics--these were taken on different dates along with other images which do open so a problem at source seems to be ruled out---I have tried open with another programme then resetting to photoshop but when I click on the thumbnail the computer launches Photoshop but doesn't read the Jpeg format so no picture appears-- However if I go into Photoshop and choose File Open then go to the Long-tail JPeg in the folder and open it it works fine----if I thne alter th eimage and save it to a different folder it still refuses to open with a click and I have to go back to Open File again in Photoshop----I guess something must have happened to all of these files but I cannot work out what it is--attributes all seem to be the same as other converted JPegs----
anyone got any ideas?
Graham Catley

Do you know, I've seen Photoshop do this before -- it will open a file from "File - Open" but wont recognise drag and drop or double clicking the image. The cause has always been that instead of re-installing photoshop I've just copied it from my backup Applications directory. A re-install fixes it.

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back