• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A lone White Crane (1 Viewer)

Talulah Pipit

A lone White Stork in Furness

I'm new to this forum but have always had a twitch now then, anyhow I saw this beautiful bird preening itself by a tarn on the back lane to Marton just above Ireleth... not far from Dalton Zoo I might add. Can anyone tell me if this was a rare sighting in the South Lakes? I often see visitors at Roanhead, like a while back last year when I was lucky enough to see the sacred Ibis there :t:

Last edited:
They do have White Storks at Dalton so that would be infinitely more likely than a genuine vagrant as they will be feeding amongst the wildebeest in the Serengeti.

They do have White Storks at Dalton so that would be infinitely more likely than a genuine vagrant as they will be feeding amongst the wildebeest in the Serengeti.
Thanks Mono, I'll keep looking out for them. Do they nest in Furness d'you know ... or do they just deliver the babies? :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back