• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

about OpticsPlanet (1 Viewer)

rkbirding

United States
http://opticsplanet.net/ has the binoculars I want for $10 dollars cheaper than other sites plus they have free UPS shipping and I'm wondering if any of you have had good or bad experiences with them. They don't tell you if the item is out of stock until you place your order so i could end up saving 20 dollars but waiting a long time!

Hi.
I have bought several items from them. Allways on time. I would go for it. I have no commertial ties with them.
Jose.

rkulla said:
http://opticsplanet.net/ has the binoculars I want for $10 dollars cheaper than other sites plus they have free UPS shipping and I'm wondering if any of you have had good or bad experiences with them. They don't tell you if the item is out of stock until you place your order so i could end up saving 20 dollars but waiting a long time!

I purchased a scope from them a month ago, (delivered to Long Beach) and had a very good experience. Quick shipping, well packaged, great commu nication. I would not hesitate to purchase from them again!

rkulla said:

I live 6 or 7 miles south of them and have never heard of anyone having an unpleasant experience with them.

Jaeger near Chicago

Thanks for the post rkulla. You just saved me $40.00 on a pair of 32mm binoculars I was going to purchase.

I'll let you know how the purchase went.

I have been lingering around here for a while, but felt I needed to post now when I could add something.

I have purchased several items from optics planet. I really have no complaints and you will be surprised how quickly it gets to your door.

They are a good outfit. Plus once you buy once you will start getting discount emails if you review your item, and a 5% discount off your next order (look closely at your invoice). This can be substantial savings based on what you are buying.

I have had 2 items be out of stock and they emailed me right away with a time estimate. Another obscure item I purchased they didn't have in stock and was discontinued, but they immediately refunded my money.

Good company in my opinion.

Todd

Maybe you can call and ask if the item is in stock?

Here are the Customer Satisfaction Ratings for Optics Planet:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/OpticsPlanet

Optics Planet prices are not always lower than others, NYC camera dealers often have better prices on bins, but somewhere on OP's Website, if you take the time to look for it, I think it says that if you find another store that has a better price, contact them about it.

So perhaps you can dicker. Don't quote me on that, check it out. Anyway, in this case, they are already lower priced, but for future reference.

Best of all they have a 30-day return period, which is great.

Let us know how you make out!

If you rather deal with Eagle Optics they will price match also. I think everybody agrees they have top notch customer service.

I ordered a couple of them and found out those items were mailed from manufacturers directly. For those items they don't stock inventory, I don't think they will or can check the quality of products before they ship out.

Uh, any of you guys notice that the original post you are responding to was made almost four years ago? ;)

Best,
Jim

I apologize for resurrecting it. I must have been searching for something and saw it.

My bad. Newbie's always screw things up!!

But then again next time someone is interested in ordering from OP and smart enough to try a search then they'll know.

I've found them to be OK but they are a drop-ship company for some of the stuff they sell and their descriptions may not be fully accurate. I emailed them a question as the picture showed a Vortex tripod and head but the text didn't mention the head. Yes, it comes with the head said the email reply. It didn't ;)

Not a big problem -- I already had the head I wanted but it shows a weakness in what they know about the products they sell.

I apologize for resurrecting it. I must have been searching for something and saw it.

My bad. Newbie's always screw things up!!

Actually you were spamming your own site.I saw your original post before you edited it........

Actually you were spamming your own site.I saw your original post before you edited it........

No. There was another post following WiscTJK's by a one-time poster exhorting us to pursue quality over cheapness (or something to that effect) and providing a link to some online (and overpriced) seller in Florida. Because it was clear spam, I checked back later to see if the moderator had deleted it--it was gone. This can probably be verified.

No. There was another post following WiscTJK's by a one-time poster exhorting us to pursue quality over cheapness (or something to that effect) and providing a link to some online (and overpriced) seller in Florida. Because it was clear spam, I checked back later to see if the moderator had deleted it--it was gone. This can probably be verified.

Interesting,since there is no skip in the post numbers.If it was a different poster my apologies to WiscTJK

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back