• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Worlaby Carrs Wind Turbine Site - Act NOW! (1 Viewer)

BeadsbyClareScott

If I have put this in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

I was sent this message from a birdy friend this morning...

Hi Clare

Have just received info on the North Lincs Council having received a planning application for a Wind Turbine near Worlaby Carrs. Will possibly devastate the Raptors. Would you consider sending an objection to the plan. Closing date tomorrow.

The link to this application is
http://www.planning.northlincs.gov.u...o=PA/2010/1384

I urge anyone with an interest in wildlife and particularly Raptors and Owls
to use the link and submit a comment using the button at the bottom of the page

Regards.

Thankyou for looking, I`m not against renewable energy in the slightest, just the effect it will have on our Owls and other Raptors in the area.... apparently the birds at other sites have flown into the turbine blades...

Clare.

Worlaby wind turbine application

This planning application came to my attention on the Yorkshire thread.

I'm not familiar with the site but I've heard it's excellent for raptors and owls. Have seen some excellent SEO photos on birdguides recently.

Local birders may want to comment.

You beat me to it Clare :t:

Last edited:
Been on the North Lincs council's website for the planning application(http://www.planning.northlincs.gov.uk/newplanet/planetMain.aspx?refno=PA/2010/1384). the site notice (to inform the public) went up on 18 December. By law we must have 21 days to comment, but the council published a deadline of 16 December; 2 days before the notice went up!!

Today (12 January) they have changed it, after complaints, to 6 January. What's tyhe point of that! The date has still past!

Please everyone, ignore this date and send in your comments!!
:C

Planning App: http://www.planning.northlincs.gov.uk/newplanet/planetMain.aspx?refno=PA/2010/1384

Many thanks for putting this up on your forum!!

I am fortunate to live in Worlaby facing the Carrs and have my scope permanently set up for birding (newbie!). Unfortunately it also means that the turbine will only be about 900m from the end of my garden.

I actually came across the application by accident on the NLC web site. After asking around the village no one seemed to know anything about the proposal including the properties nearest to it!! Which meant we initially only had a very short time to respond. My husband and a friend have set up an action group Wolds Against Carrs Turbine (WACT) email: WACT [email protected] if any one would like to get involved or help in anyway.

We still would like more people especially from the birding community to either object or leave a comment on the NLC site http://www.planning.northlincs.gov.uk/newplanet/planetMain.aspx?refno=PA/2010/1384

Although the site does say Comments by Jan 6th the case officer Mr Ron White has assured us that comments and objections will still be counted. At the moment he is saying that the proposal is likely to come before the committee no sooner than the April planning meeting.

Two meetings held in the village have had very good turnouts and our Parish Council is due to make their decision next week Weds 9th Feb. At the public meeting held last night in the village 2 other farmers made it known that they too have very recently been approached….to the setting up off individual turbines on their land!!

I have lived here for 18 years now and have seen the bird and in particular the raptor population increase in both abundance and diversity. It would be a disgrace on many levels if this application were to get the go ahead!!

Many thanks to the many birders who have already objected. Please take a few moments to look at the application and make a comment.

Tracy BSc (Hons) Conservation Biology

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back