• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

red-breated nuthatch (1 Viewer)

rockwright

red-breasted nuthatch

This is a wood carving of a red-breasted nuthatch. That is, if I can get it to upload.

Attachments

• nt1.jpg
    nt1.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
sue galos said:
Wow - nice work - much harder than painting!

Actually, I think this is easier than painting. Once you have the basic form carved, putting in the feather detail is relaxing. Getting a 2 dimensional artpiece to look like 3 dimensions is hard work - at least in my opinion. Thanks for your comment.

ladysweetapplez said:
This is great! How long did this one take to do? So much patience! Alot longer than painting it, that's for sure.

Thanks for your comment. It took about three months of carving on the weekends and evenings. An advantage of carving is that I can work on a carving for a half hour or hour and stop. There's little preparation or cleanup time like there is for painting. Also, for me at least, painting is fun but hard to get right.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back