• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

id please - today merseyside, marshside (1 Viewer)

pinky & rosie

I apologise for my lack of knowledge!!!
Sorry for being a pain on what i am sure is a really obvious id.

Is this tufted duck?

Photo isn't too good but any ideas greatly appreciated

Thanx

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 176
oi! stop apologising ;) Post as many Id's as you like - you have thousands of birders at your beck and call, not that you needed help on this one or the Shoveller ;)

Hope your Red Kite are still with you.

Yep red kites r still very much around. Loving them they are now seen flyin over my garden in the afternoon and again in the evening. My son isn't too happy tho he is convinced its the kites fault that his rabbit run once containing 14 babies now only has 7.

Ask as many questions as you want!.... it's the learning new stuff that makes it fun. It won't be long before you start answering someone else's queries!

I thought that red kites were mainly scavengers, but any predator will take advantage of an easy meal..... may-be the rest of the wee bunnies need a better cage!

i think so too. Tonight we are down to five, although i think our neighbourhood fox was responsible for these last 2 (head found under bush a bit of a clue!)

I've put the last 5 in the garage now.

I think I've worked it out, anyway! Makes sense. Could imagine Lord Derby having them poisoned otherwise ;) I had been confused by the location being Liverpool, whereas I suspect this in a neighbouring borough ...

I think I've worked it out, anyway! Makes sense. Could imagine Lord Derby having them poisoned otherwise ;) I had been confused by the location being Liverpool, whereas I suspect this in a neighbouring borough ...

Confused me too on the initial ID request! I believe Rosie's in a rather nice leafy rural area ;)

'bout time you got yourself back down to Sussex ... fancy a Red Footed Falcon hmmm?

'bout time you got yourself back down to Sussex ... fancy a Red Footed Falcon hmmm?

To add to the one I got yesterday?! Went for the bird near Wakefield. And a possible was reported in North Merseyside yesterday while we were there!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back