• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CP 4500 auto power off (1 Viewer)

yanimal

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of stopping the CP 4500 from powering off automatically? I usually have to remember to keep fiddling with the zoom to stop it happenening, but when I forget, it takes a long time to start up again and the opportunity is missed! |=@|

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of stopping the CP 4500 from powering off automatically? I usually have to remember to keep fiddling with the zoom to stop it happenening, but when I forget, it takes a long time to start up again and the opportunity is missed! |=@|

You can change the timing in the set-up menu. I haven't bothered to do it yet and I've always kept mine on 5 minutes. It's caused a problem only rarely, certainly less often than running down a battery. I've often had to change batteries at the worst time.

I've just had a look at how it's done. Press menu>set up> Auto Off. You get a choice of 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes and 30 minutes. I reckon they think that after 30 minutes it's not worth bothering because the battery's well on the way to being flat by then anyway.

Last edited:
I've just had a look at how it's done. Press menu>set up> Auto Off. You get a choice of 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes and 30 minutes. I reckon they think that after 30 minutes it's not worth bothering because the battery's well on the way to being flat by then anyway.

Thanks Alan - I've never discovered the Setup menu before! I finaly guessed on moving the joystick at the appropriate time and found my Auto Off was set to 1 min. It is now at 5 min.

I think that's the first time I've looked at the set-up menu since I fixed the settings after I bought the camera 5 years ago. It was one of the latest models then!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back