• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phylloscopus ID from Al Ain, UAE, 14.01.2018. (1 Viewer)

peterarras

Hi all,
who can help me with this Warbler?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Peter

Attachments

• DSC_4363a.jpg
    DSC_4363a.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_4368a.jpg
    DSC_4368a.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 93
A Chiffchaff for me, though unsure which ssp... Very dark legs and green in wings too dull for Bonelli's.

A Chiffchaff for me, though unsure which ssp... Very dark legs and green in wings too dull for Bonelli's.

Agree Common Chiffchaff, presumably abietinus there in winter. Its dropped its tertials and central tail feathers and should be in body moult as well, though I can't confirm that from the images-tristis moults much later.

Grahame

Agree Common Chiffchaff, presumably abietinus there in winter. Its dropped its tertials and central tail feathers and should be in body moult as well, though I can't confirm that from the images-tristis moults much later.

Grahame

Yes, it's abietinus we get. I suppose then that tristis is ruled out by the moult pattern?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back