• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mall Galleries Wildlife Exhibition 2010 (1 Viewer)

congratulations all those who've had their work accepted - Birdforum en force! I may have to make an extra effort to pop over for a weekend to have a shuftie. I've dropped my prices this year, as I'd like to not have to arrange to get them all back after the exhibition as per usual. Here are the first five I've submitted (wonder which ones will be sent back)

Attachments

• 002 (3).JPG
    002 (3).JPG
    168 KB · Views: 96
  • blackkite 001.JPG
    blackkite 001.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 80
  • ring ouzel.jpg
    ring ouzel.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 75
  • gtbigreed.JPG
    gtbigreed.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 80
  • bonelli's citadelle.JPG
    bonelli's citadelle.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 74
congratulations all those who've had their work accepted - Birdforum en force! I may have to make an extra effort to pop over for a weekend to have a shuftie. I've dropped my prices this year, as I'd like to not have to arrange to get them all back after the exhibition as per usual. Here are the first five I've submitted (wonder which ones will be sent back)

maestro- I guess we all expected that Great Reed Warbler to be prominent in the pile

if it is all too much trouble to bring any back, I'm sure there are volunteers here to pick 'em up and look after them for you for a few months or years or decades....

maestro- I guess we all expected that Great Reed Warbler to be prominent in the pile

if it is all too much trouble to bring any back, I'm sure there are volunteers here to pick 'em up and look after them for you for a few months or years or decades....

Maestro indeed! I'm particularly taken with #3 but even more with #5. What a wonder of color, shape and movement.

And congratulations to all from the forum who are in the show. I just wish I could see it!

Like the Rouzel and the Blackcappette! So now you're a member do you still have to have your 5 accepted?? I'd've thought they'd let your work in on that merit...

Like the Rouzel and the Blackcappette! So now you're a member do you still have to have your 5 accepted?? I'd've thought they'd let your work in on that merit...

normally they're in - but they can still be rejected if the powers that be so wish - a certain Mr Busby has had this happen to him.

This is the other one sent in - perhaps my favourite of the lot. (Just cos they're purple sandpapers)

Attachments

• paintingsendjan09%20037%20small.jpg
    paintingsendjan09%20037%20small.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 83
Maestro indeed! I'm particularly taken with #3 but even more with #5. What a wonder of color, shape and movement.

And congratulations to all from the forum who are in the show. I just wish I could see it!

Glad you like number 5, Ken. I was thinking of some of your fine abstracts when I was doing it - and thoroughly enjoying playing around.

Welcome back Nick! and that last one WOW...def my fave of the group...

Congrats to all on the show....maybe someone will post a link where we can see, or put up the ones that got in on their thread..

Wow, Nick! I can hear the rushing of the wind washing through the reeds, read the warbling from the rushes, feel the fall of the swift Sand martin through the light blocks amongst the darkling sky scattered in the genius of it all.
And if that Van Gogh had ever seen a kite sucked towards a storm's vortex over a harvest's perspective's curves I doubt he could have done it greater compliment.
Wow.

Some very clever mixes of media amongst these; personal favourites (image-wise) are the blackcap and great reed - balance, poise and elegance whist I agree entirely with H2s appraisal of the expressionist kite - superb.

Welcome back Nick! and that last one WOW...def my fave of the group...

Congrats to all on the show....maybe someone will post a link where we can see, or put up the ones that got in on their thread..

Well I was jammy enough to get four out of five accepted;

Attachments

• DSCN3038.jpg
    DSCN3038.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN3608.jpg
    DSCN3608.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN3612.jpg
    DSCN3612.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 85
  • gannetsFI8.jpg
    gannetsFI8.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 89
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back