• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eschenbach Trophy D 8x42 ED (1 Viewer)

Condor03

Vincent
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these bins. Since they were "Best Birding Binocular 2016/17" by BBR. I'm thinking of buying them but would like to hear from some people who have experience with these bins.

Last edited:
I bought one of these (plus later also the 8x32 version) in 2014 after it had been discussed in a German optics forum, and did myself a brief comparison with the same size Conquest HD (sorry, in German):

http://www.juelich-bonn.com/jForum/read.php?9,423267,423437#msg-423437

My personal opinion: for years, Eschenbach brought out mediocre binoculars that weren‘t really competing with the middle class or even upper middle class of binos. This changed somewhat with the Trophy D series.

The 8x42 is in my view one of the really good binos in the price range 400 - 500 € (some shops sell it for even less). The review mentioned above gives more details (maybe you google translate if necessary). Otherwise, I am happy to answer any further questions you might have.

Canip

Attachments

• 43F6AAD7-35A6-4339-97AA-B163D1D0CE74.png
    43F6AAD7-35A6-4339-97AA-B163D1D0CE74.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hi,

I have a pair too and agree with Canip on the optical merits - but some things are not so great - ER is slim at 11mm (but at least thats the usable value), the covers are quite tight at the start and a hassle to put on - this gets better with time.

Also my example (and especially the otherwise nice bag) was stinking of chemicals - two weeks at the fresh air fixed that.

My pair was heavily discounted at 200€ or so, so I kept it and it's a nice loaner/car pair.

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back