• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

slc focusing/stiffness? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
greetings all,i cant help thinking about some swarovski slc's i tried out a while back,i tried both the 10+42 and 7+42 models and in both the focus wheel had a certain amount of resistance/stiffness in one direction?.
at the time i put them to one side in favour of leica bn trinovid as they proved [to my eyes] to have better resolution and sharpness though i still liked the 7+42 slc with it's great field of view and easy on the eye image.
any slc owners who have noticed any unusual stiffness in the focusing or does this wear off with use?

matt

Matt,

The focussing of my 7x42 SLC is silky smooth in both directions. One doesn't really notice a gradual change but it was probably stiffer, when new. Certainly a new Meopta B1 7x42, which I have bought as a Christmas present for my better half has stiffer focussing but is very similar to the SLC in all other respects.

John

Matt,

I don't know about the 7x42, but the 10x42 SLC I own has a buttery smooth focus that requires equal force in both directions. It's been that way from the day it hatched.

Ed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back