• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where are the Bushnell Elite Models Currently Made? (1 Viewer)

BruceH

There was a general post last month in the main binocular forum that included a question on where the Bushnell Elite is made.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=266971

I have access to a current generation Bushnell Elite 10X42 ED and responded that it was made in Japan since that is what is shown on the serial number label. This unit is a couple of years old so it was made near the time when the newest generation of the Elite line was introduced.

Winwinbino posted this follow-up comment:

"Bushnell Elite ED no more made in Japan. Now is assembled in the USA."

Byclops then followed up with this comment:

"All I can report is that the phrase "Assembled in the USA with foreign components" (in English and five other languages) is printed in tiny print on the bottom of the box in which my new Bushnell Elite 10x42 ED binocular was delivered quite a few months ago. I could find no markings on the unit or in the accompanying documentation designating origin."

These comments came as surprise to me since I had not heard of any change in the manufacturing location for the Elite. I think this is s significant event for Bushnell worthy of comment so I thought I would bring it up as a post in the Bushnell Forum. The question of where the Elite is made does come up every so often. Also, Bushnell is not known for manufacturing their own products so that would be a big change if correct.

Does anyone know the story or details on this?

Here is a photo of the serial number label on the unit I mentioned above and it shows Made in Japan. Does anyone have a photo to post of a current manufactured unit, either the serial number label or the box info mentioned by Byclops?

Comments anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_0852 NoSerial No.jpg
    IMG_0852 NoSerial No.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Bruce:

Allbinos has reviewed both the 8x42 and 10x42 Bushnell Elites, in the past
few months, and they also mention the made in the USA label.

You could look at their reviews, and they seem to say they are much the same
as the Japan produced models.

Jerry

Mine's assembled in US, a year old, AV serial number. Sure hope there wasn't any drop in quality, I'd be pretty pissed if I find out I paid twice the price for a reskinned Legend.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back