• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need advice on attaching camera to scope (1 Viewer)

mtbryder

My situation is a little bit different that some of the setups I've been reading about here.

I currently have a 10MP High Definition Network camera with Poe (power over ethernet).

The network camera uses a C-mount thread for attaching different lenses.

I also have a Nikon Field-scope ED82 that I would like to use for digiscoping.

My question is, How do I "mate" the network camera that has "C" type threading to the Nikon Field-scope so that the network camera gets the full ED quality image from the Nikon's optics. Is there an adapter that will allow me to connect the two devices to create an HD quality long range digiscope?

I hope that this all makes sense, like I said, i'm new to this and would really like to make these two pieces of equipment work together.

Thank you in advance,

Paul

Scope/camera compatability

Before I spent money on the setup, I would check to see if the camera will work well with the scope simply by holding it up to the scope- and seeing what kind of results you can get out of it. Many spotting scopes are very particular about mating up with a camera- this is the concept of digiscoping, and digiscopers sometimes go nuts looking for a good camera-to-scope match. Digiscoping works well with point-n-shoot's, for instance- but only if they have a low zoom ratio, typically 4:1 or less. 10:1 camera's severly vignette, and simply don't play well with a spotting scope. Not familar with your camera, so I can't say what the compatability with your scope will be- but you should be able to get an idea by simply holding it up to your eyepiece.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back