• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lensmate reliable or not? need some info! (1 Viewer)

Raydes

Dinosaur in action

Hi all,

Question 1:Is this Company reliable?

www.lensmate.com

About a month ago I ordered a Lensmate adapter for my PowershotA80 to fit an Eagle Eye 5x lens or digiscoping adapter on it!
On their website everything looked fine and also on some forums, the info about them looked solid enough to go ahead and order something from them.
But after I told them that noting was delivered after 3 weeks I got some mails from them to wait some more time, normal shipping time according to them 10-12 days.
But now they don't answer no more e-mail from me :storm:

Does anybody know that I can take some action against them via the service from my credit card (Visa)?
The money was almost immediately taken from my account!

Or should I wait some more time to give them some more days to reply or sort things out?

Thanks already for any reply or comment :t:

Raymond

Well - it's a dodgy looking web site to me as, when you surf away from it, it tries to change your home page. But I think that Visa will cover all costs. My wife works for the bank in the UK that is the biggest Visa agency (Barclays) and she buys everything using her Visa card simply bacause it offers a good guarantee against fraud - and gives an extra one year's warranty on may items "free" of charge.

Last edited:
I ordered my Lensmate adapter direct from them (now sold) for my G3 and had no problems at all. Product arrived on time and questions were answered by email quite quickly.

Yesterday they answered one of my last mails that was a little bit agressive.
But after a reply from me with their questions in this matter answered no more reply from them again?
I think they are not so happy about the lost package.
But I will have to wait and see and report here how they solve the issue :)

Lensmate reliable (y)

Today I received my order it was the second package that was send by them on February 24th.
So I will keep faith in them :)

Lensmateonline reliable or not ?

Hi Raymond & all,
I also would like to know more about this e-merchant. I am planning to buy some lenses from them...approximate $350 worth of merchandises. Few weeks ago, sent an inquiry. Their reply was very polite, courtegous, and professional. Today, sent another inquiry and hoping, I can narrow down my choices. Now, I am wondering if I should hold off my purchase. Too bad, a beautiful designed website that goes to waste ! Should anyone have any comment on this e-merchant, I would like to hear from you. Thanks

Query :news:

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back