• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amazing garden birds (1 Viewer)

Ozorek

I woke up this morning to the sound of amazing birdsong and beautiful weather. Looked out the window and their were tits of various kinds, various sparrows, pigeons, a pair of Blackbirds doing what comes naturally. No Heron today, that was Friday. Then to my delight I saw the Great Grey Shrike in a neighbours garden not seen by me since Easter Monday except by my wife who saw him Thursday. On his own now though no partner. Shortly after a pair of Sparrow Hawks put in an appearance sweeping at low level through the trees and it all went quiet for 20 minutes. There is a front coming in now the wind is blowing and thunder clouds are gathering. This is most amazing year for birds where I live in West Yorkshire. They say it is the farmers who are being paid by the EEC for letting their fields lie fallow. So they are not using pesticide.

wow great grey shrikes in your neighborghs garden i got jealeos when they had a big flock of chaffinches in it and they wouldnt go into mine.

Also dont want to put a downer on your fantastic birds but i had a Honey Buzzard go over the garden today

timmyjones said:
wow great grey shrikes in your neighborghs garden i got jealeos when they had a big flock of chaffinches in it and they wouldnt go into mine.

Also dont want to put a downer on your fantastic birds but i had a Honey Buzzard go over the garden today

They probably came into your garden when you were'nt there. Thats usually my luck. But a garden Honey Buzzard in the Midlands, amazing.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back