• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

another day in my goddadavida- QTVideo (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
Well- they were there today and there were a bunch of them- birds, that is. I caught another "Cardinal Kiss," you can see what I think is a juv. dove, the video opens with 4 blue jays on the feeder. I am amazed at how fluid the action is. There is so much going on all the time.

This video is kind of big- over 7mb. It's a little less than 3 minutes but a larger file. Go figure. Since I got this new QuickTime I am having to relearn the thing- I'm not quite there yet. I am going to post these flicks in quicktime rather than WMV since it is more compatible with the .mac site that does the hosting.

iMovie

Last edited:
:( Alan, this one won't open. It shows a broken link.

And thanks for your kind words this morning. Please don't stop posting these little videos!! I look so forward to them. :flowers:

Last edited:
Tammie said:
:( Alan, this one won't open. It shows a broken link.

And thanks for your kind words this morning. Please don't stop posting these little videos!! I look so forward to them. :flowers:

Hey Tammie-

Sorry you had trouble. Go back and try it again- I redid the whole thing- I'm really not sure I did anything different but...I have been messing around with the new QT so much that I can't remember what I used to do do before I got it. Know what I mean?

Sorry Alan...... it still shows a broken link. :'D

alarson2 said:
Hey Tammie-

Sorry you had trouble. Go back and try it again- I redid the whole thing- I'm really not sure I did anything different but...I have been messing around with the new QT so much that I can't remember what I used to do do before I got it. Know what I mean?

Tammie said:
Sorry Alan...... it still shows a broken link. :'D

ALRIGHT THEN !!! Last time for QuickTime- If this one doesn't work, it's back to the windows media viewer for sure.

I have changed the link again so this time it's different from the last time you clicked it.

I hope you can see the video this time, thanks for trying.

alarson2 said:
ALRIGHT THEN !!! Last time for QuickTime- If this one doesn't work, it's back to the windows media viewer for sure.

I have changed the link again so this time it's different from the last time you clicked it.

I hope you can see the video this time, thanks for trying.

Wow! Okay, it worked in record speed from here this time. I don't know if that's because I just viewed it outside of the forum or what. :eek!:

It probably worked so fast because you already downloaded it to your computer and it is saved on the hard drive- or in the RAM memory- I'm really not sure. When I look at any video a 2nd or 3rd time it is always much faster than its was the 1st time.

Have you ever seen so many Blue Jays at once? And what isn't that cute Cardinal kiss? they touched twice. I was across the room when that happened or I would have centered it better. It seems like every time I take my eyes off the thing something great happens and I miss it.

Thanks again for watching and telling me what you think.

Alan

Well, you should know by now that they'll always save the best for when you're NOT looking!

The most bluejays I've ever seen at one time was 9, here in my backyard over the winter. But it only happened once. And yes, that cardinal kiss was absolutely adorable. I can watch that clip over and over again and never get tired of it!

Hope things work properly for you from now on.

alarson2 said:
It probably worked so fast because you already downloaded it to your computer and it is saved on the hard drive- or in the RAM memory- I'm really not sure. When I look at any video a 2nd or 3rd time it is always much faster than its was the 1st time.

Have you ever seen so many Blue Jays at once? And what isn't that cute Cardinal kiss? they touched twice. I was across the room when that happened or I would have centered it better. It seems like every time I take my eyes off the thing something great happens and I miss it.

Thanks again for watching and telling me what you think.

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back