• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tui Native Bird song (1 Viewer)

Craka

Can anyone help me out urgently with a Tui bird song in a .wav format for some work I need to do today. Please please.

Thanks for reading this

Dave

Hi Dave,

Welcome to BirdForum!

Sorry, I can't help, other than to suggest doing a google search for Tui song. There probably is one out there on the net somewhere!

Good luck!

Michael

Unfortunately, those are both in .ram format, and Dave needs it to be in .wav format (I can see why too, I can't open .ram files either, you need to buy & install an expensive program to be able to play them)

Michael

Michael Frankis said:
Unfortunately, those are both in .ram format, and Dave needs it to be in .wav format (I can see why too, I can't open .ram files either, you need to buy & install an expensive program to be able to play them)

Michael

Michael - this is way aboove me, and my technical expert is out just now - but I was able to play them both, and I'm sure we have not bought and installed any expensive stuff!

Way above me too! - but it wouldn't play on mine, but offered to search the web for a suitable program to do it. It did so, but had a price tag of £39.95 on it (tho' you could get 14 days free trial if you wanted it).

Michael

That's what I was prompted to buy . . . guess your machine came with it ready installed.

Tried a search of my own, found one website with a .wav file of it:
http://www.tuitime.org.nz/
But it didn't work at least just now (timed out).
EDIT: It worked second time of trying. Be warned, it's a very short clip! (a few seconds). Click on the little loudspeaker marked 'hear a Tui'.

Also found a site with a good peice of song on; it needed Flash player, which is a free download, and worked well for me:
http://www.backpack-newzealand.com/birds/tui.html
This one seems to be a continuous loop of song, so it goes on indefinitely repeating itself

And another very short clip on an mp3 file which also worked on my computer:
http://www.kiwi-wildlife.co.nz/Sounds/tui.mp3

Hope at least one of them works for you!

Michael

Last edited:
RealOne Player is a free download. They probably do have a version you can buy, same as you can with the QuickTime player, which will probably play the same formats, but the free one will play many different sound formats.

digi-birder said:
RealOne Player is a free download. They probably do have a version you can buy, same as you can with the QuickTime player, which will probably play the same formats, but the free one will play many different sound formats.

Thanks Diane - I thought I just had the freebie one. :flowers:

digi-birder said:
Thanks! - I'll have to recheck their site, if there's a free download it'll presumably be fairly well hidden to maximise the number of people who go for the pay version!

Michael

Michael Frankis said:
if there's a free download it'll presumably be fairly well hidden to maximise the number of people who go for the pay version!

Michael

Go to http://uk.real.com and see the pale link at the top right of the page below the header tabs. Just above the orange link to download the 14-day trial of the paid version.

By the way, Dave, on behalf of admin and all the moderators, welcome to Bird Forum.

As you can see, this site can be a mine of information and any questions are usually answered very quickly by our very knowledgeable members.

I hope you find it interesting enough to hang around and we look forward to hearing about your birding experiences.

Welcome to the Forum,Craka. Sorry I am no help with the song but you have it all there from Michael and Elizabeth waiting for you when you get up this morning.
I have only just found out what a wonderful source of information Google is. I'll be going to Auckland just after Christmas so will see a Tui or two, I hope.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back