• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Juvenile White-crowned Sparrow? (1 Viewer)

Chuck A. Walla

This one showed up with a bunch of White-crowned Sparrows but I'm not that familier with juveniles.

bob

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 282
Warbler said:
The first thing I thought of was Lincoln's Sparrow. I'm pretty sure that it's not an imm. White-crowned.

I'm actually kind of unsure of sparrows in general, but Lincoln Sparrow is a good possibility. Here is another shot it would help.

bob

Attachments

• unk sparrow.jpg
    unk sparrow.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 268
Yes, it looks pretty good for Lincoln's-- buffy breast and malar, and the clear division from the white lower breast. Wrong season for immature anything, isn't it?

Charles Harper said:
Yes, it looks pretty good for Lincoln's-- buffy breast and malar, and the clear division from the white lower breast. Wrong season for immature anything, isn't it?

Duh. :) Good point Charles. With nearly a month of 80 and 90 deg temps and all the flowers blooming I forgot about that I guess.

Anyway a Lincoln Sparrow is a new one for me and most welcome.
Thanks all.

bob

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back