• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (1 Viewer)

My yard list so far for 2016;

1. Canada Goose
2. Mourning Dove
3. Blue Jay
4. American Crow
5. Common Raven
6. Black-capped Chickadee
7. White-breasted Nuthatch
8. Snow Bunting

I moved last November (2015) so this year's yard list should be interesting.

Happy New Year and I look forward to following your postings, from your new environs :t:

Rob and I have just been treated to todays visit from the barn owl, perching on the post outside our home office window, using that as a perch to hunt for food from. It's out much later today - visited us at 09.35am yesterday, whereas 13.45pm today . We are so lucky, such a beauty and a sizeable one too...the best view one could wish for from your office window :t::t:

Pushed my Finches at the feeders up to 7 species today; Chaffinch 10+, Greenfinch 10+, Brambling 2, Bullfinch 3, Redpoll 2, Goldfinch 5+ and a female Siskin. I can also occasionally see a Linnet flock in a stubble field in front of the house (very mobile over a wide area) so technically an 8 species of finch day!
Luv From Dave

It has been a very slow start to my garden list this year with some really horrible weather hitting Brisbane.

My garden consists of a tiny patch of grass and three trees in the centre of the city. I rely on birds flying overhead for most of my list here!

So far:
1. Tawny Frogmouth- awesome surprise!!
2. Pied Currawong
3. Australian White Ibis
4. Welcome Swallow
5. Noisy Miner
6. Pied Butcherbird
7. Magpie-lark
8. Australian Magpie
9. Rainbow Lorikeet
10. Spotted Dove
11. Black-faced Cuckooshrike
12. Torresian Crow
13. Feral Pigeon
14. Silverye
15. Eastern Cattle Egret
16. Straw-necked Ibis
17. Pacific Koel (heard only)
18. Blue-faced Honeyeater

From yesterday (1/5/2016):

9. Bald Eagle
10. Downy Woodpecker
11. Hairy Woodpecker
12. Dark-eyed Junco
13. American Goldfinch

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back