• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

spidertech digiscope adaptor? (1 Viewer)

peteh

Hi,

Has anyone got this adaptor?
I am edging towards it but thought I should check to see if anyone is having any problems with it.

(Its the 2 piece adaptor, and when connecting the camera to the scope it just slots in place. No screws required. Also allows the zoom to still be used even with the camera connected up)

this is the link to it
http://www.spidertech.fi/ada.htm

thanks very much
Pete.

I don't have this adaptor but I made a similar item to fit my CP775. As an extra precaution I used a support which screws into the base of the camera at one end and to the tripod at the other.

Yes, the camera can't move with the rigid bar attached, it keeps it in place especially when pressing the shutter.

I'm not 100% sure... but this could be the Finnish adapter curently being sold by L.C.E. Supposedly red hot, though at a cost (£110?).
Andy

hello Andy,

I think that is the one, Ive scrubbed that idea now since its
£100 quid! heh
ive gone with the lce adaptor.
ta

You can't really go wrong with the original L.C.E. adapter.. price is £49 or so and it's dead simple to use... I only use one screw to hold the camera/adapter to the eyepiece and I can't believe that the expensive one could be any quicker to attach/dettach from the eyepiece.
As I use a zoom e.p. the Finnish adapter (and Mr Cheang's) are desirable, but it's very easy to slacken the locking screw of the standard L.C.E. adapter and rotate the zoom.
Even easier is turning the whole lot (camera/adapter) to a vertical position while still locked to the eyepiece... gives about 35x and the camera's in portrait format which is ideal for most birds.
Andy

When I checked the spidertech website I noticed there was no price, I'm always wary of adverts that don't give a price! It's way too expensive for what looks like a simple piece of equipment.

hi all,
i inquired about this adapter with the u.s.a. distributor and was told that it was not designed to work with straight bodied scopes. it looks like a good design but won't work for me.
richard bledsoe
san diego, ca.

L.C.E. aren't likely to be distributing the Spidertech adapter in the future.
Totally unrelated to this ;) .... L.C.E. have an extremely good new adapter in the pipeline, this will fit on straight scopes and have a zoom cut-out. It will also be considerably cheaper than the adapter mentioned above.
Andy

Hi Andy, Can you please post a web-site for L.C.E., sounds like a great deal. I imagine they have an adaptor for Leica Scopes?

Great Forum, chock full of information! Thanks...bob

The L.C.E. website (digiscoping.co.uk) is currently undergoing a revamp... so it may be unavailable at times.
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back