• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Change for Macro Shooters (1 Viewer)

Stephen Mark

I was in the local camera store today and my salesman who knows how to push my buttons got me good. Without saying anything he opens a small box take out a piece that looks like a teleconverter and puts it on D7200 then attaches a 105 2,8 Micro lens. What he had was a Savage Macro Art extension tube. This extremely well made let you use all the electronics and it Zooms. On a Nikon mount it runs from 55 to 75 MM and the increase in magnification is awesome. We figured we were getting around three and a half to four times life size. And its much better made than any extension tube I've seen. Its two hundred dollars but it will turn a lot of good lenses into 1 to 1 macro lenses without buying one. B&H has them on their web site you can read about it there.
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back