• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron 7x36 BGA Classic Discontinued ???? (1 Viewer)

Not on the UK site either.

I'd heard levels were running low and they were not planning to restock. Another nail in the 7x coffin.:-C

(Mine's not for sale. ;))

David

Last edited:
Not on the UK site either.

I'd heard levels was running low and they were not planning to restock. Another nail in the 7x coffin.:-C

(Mine's not for sale. ;))

David

Too Bad:C These were the closest I could get to the feel/Quality of my old Leitz 7x35 binoculars. In many ways the Opticron's are even better but the Leitz sure did have that classic look . I should have kept my Leitz 7x35, paid $275. new back in the 90's. I am not going to make the same mistake with my Opticron 7x36 Classics !

That is a shame.:C

I'm glad I bought one last year. It is really a quite excellent and handy mid sized binocular. I was only able to try 3 Opticron binoculars but it wouldn't surprise me if the 7x36 was the finest example of a binocular in the Opticron stable.

Bob

Hopefully another company picks it up , improves upon it, and puts it back out on the market.

Glad I picked one up after I learned from the forum the virtues of 7x. Never could find a quality 7x at retail anywhere in the state and I looked for close to a decade. Shame... shame... on the the retailers and the bino companies.

:-C

CG

Gwen,

I intended to copy a link to a vendor with a second hand one in stock but, by mistake,the first link was repeated. In the night I thought I might buy it for myself as I thought I recalled that you had one anyway.

I have checked it this morning and it is no longer listed - maybe someone on this forum bought it!��

Gwen,

I intended to copy a link to a vendor with a second hand one in stock but, by mistake,the first link was repeated. In the night I thought I might buy it for myself as I thought I recalled that you had one anyway.

I have checked it this morning and it is no longer listed - maybe someone on this forum bought it!��

I have one. Purchased it from Opticsplanet(USA) in Dec. 2015, they still had a few pairs in stock as of yesterday. Thinking about maybe purchasing another pair to hold on to. Maybe I will try to see if they will give me a discounted price on another pair.

I thought this was a true gem. It's a delight to handle and the black with the gold writing looks great. I remember Typo said it was like putting on a comfy pair of slippers. It always puts a smile on my face.

I must admit it took me a while to get used to. The depth of field gives it a Porro like view. It's sharp to the edge close up, but with curvature becoming apparent as you focus further to the distance. I think sharpness is very good without being outstanding and contrast is excellent. It truly is a "Classic" and will be missed.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back