• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheshire And Wirral Birding: Hills, Lowland and Coast (1 Viewer)

I'm convinced I saw (and heard) a Marsh Tit in Dibbinsdale (Bromborough) today. However to the best of my knowledge they're not supposed to breed on the Wirral any more. Was I seeing things or are they actually here? The habitat is dead on.

Hi, I'm staying in Warrington from today until next Friday and would appreciate any tips and info on good birding spots in the area
I'm especially interested in Dippers, Redstarts, Nuthatch, Pied Fly, Raven, Merganser and any other birds which I don't normally see in Suffolk where I live
many thanks for any help

Hi, I'm staying in Warrington from today until next Friday and would appreciate any tips and info on good birding spots in the area
I'm especially interested in Dippers, Redstarts, Nuthatch, Pied Fly, Raven, Merganser and any other birds which I don't normally see in Suffolk where I live
many thanks for any help

If you want to drive a bit the Peak District holds many of these but its a quiet time. Let me know and I'll give you some directions for the Goyt Valley where you can see the first 4. Phil

dippers can be found at loggerheads country park ,just above mold n.wales .usually in the stream in front of the visitor centre, goosanders can be found at llyn padern by llanberris but thats quiet a long drive ,raven sometimes in my front garden LOL

Last edited:
If you want to drive a bit the Peak District holds many of these but its a quiet time. Let me know and I'll give you some directions for the Goyt Valley where you can see the first 4. Phil

Hi Phil, apologies for late reply, a bit too much of a journey from where I was staying but thanks anyway

dippers can be found at loggerheads country park ,just above mold n.wales .usually in the stream in front of the visitor centre, goosanders can be found at llyn padern by llanberris but thats quiet a long drive ,raven sometimes in my front garden LOL

Thanks BF but I'm back in suffolk now, Raven is a good garden tick!

Wood sandpiper has been at Carr lane pools for a couple of weeks now, plus resident Egyptian goose and a possible Richard's pipit

Great day along Dee estuary side of the Wirral today. Had amazing views of a stunning male Hen Harrier from Denhall Quay which was accompanied by a ringtail Hen Harrier, 3 Short-eared Owls, 5+ Marsh Harriers, Peregrine and at least 5 White Egrets.

A new discord server has been established. The back end (hidden) contains circulations of County Rarities, but the front end is open to anyone with an interest in the birds of Cheshire/NW The latest decisions will be published here, and if there is sufficient interest we can set up news and discussion channels for different regions/taxa whatever.

https://discord.gg/SC8ZPWC

You can use discord on PC or phone, as a web page or a standalone application.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back