• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Osprey Nest 2017 (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the link Delia, I was surprised at the picture clarity of the nestcam. They've certainly come a long way from the early days of nestcams of this sort from a few years ago. I'm looking forward to the Osprey's return. :)

Hi Bird-Nut. Yes a great improvement on the early years!

There's a Carrion Crow on the nest just now - looks like he's trying to find a stick for his own nest LOL... or maybe he wants the nest for himself!

Ah! Just seen the blog; there was one came in yesterday. I was so busy I didn't see much of what was going on.

It appears to have been a young male - now is this the same bird back or another or one of last year's birds?

Wish I was better at the fine details LOL

I know it must be me, but I do find it difficult to cope with blogs!! Just found the updates! Can't understand why they're showing blog entries for 2009 on the page too?

The male from last year, LM12, arrived at 5pm on Thursday 16 March.

Caught a bird on the nest yesterday for the first time this year. Don't know if it was the male or not. Took off at 16:40 hrs.

I think it's the male LM12, Paul as the Blog doesn't say anything different.

I hope his lady comes soon!!!

The webcam is up and running again, looking down onto the nest ready for the arrival of the Ospreys...... fingers crossed for another successful year.

The sound is very good with constant calls, even through the night LOL Never knew ducks and geese could be so noisy at 1am!

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loch-of-the-lowes-webcam/
Nice to hear that the ospreys are filtering back from their winter haunts and to see them on web cam.. by the way the Ducks and geese thou Its doubtful I,d be in the same habitat to experience this in the early hours but I can Imagine a predator makeing them alert like a fox whatever time of the night early hours while it was dark.

I'm wondering if that's the female on the nest now. Very busy tidying the nest cup and little squeaky calls.

The camera operator zoomed right in so they can get some ID features.

Let's hope!!

Oh right.... it is last year's female LF15. She returned about an hour ago.

Yippeee.

Fasten your seat belts!

I seem to have missed yesterday's action.... but caught them 'at it' just now!!;)

Tonight is the first time I've seen her settled down in the nest for the night. Thought I'd check the blog only to discover that she'd laid an egg a few hours ago!

Away we go!! Wonder how many eggs there'll be?

That's three eggs now, one laid at lunchtime.

Wonder if that's it, or if they'll try for 4?

The youngsters have been ringed.

The older chick is a female and has the ring PH2 on her.

Her younger brother is PH1.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back