• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hello from norfolk (1 Viewer)

HarassedDad

Norfolk County Butterfly Recorder
Hi! Just found these forums and had to jump in. I'm in Norwich and my main interest is dragonflies.

Andy
aka Harassed Dad

Hi Andy and welcome to you from the staff here at BirdForum.net.

I had to laugh at your username. Been there, done that only it was the HarassedMom. Thankfully, they are grown and supporting themselves.

We have a wonderful dragonfly/Butterfly/Moth section on this forum so I hope you avail yourself to it. Enjoy!

Hi Andy, welcome to birdforum, hope you enjoy the site. The non-bird forums have really taken off of late and full of activity... i'm sure there are more moth posts than bird related ones at the moment ;)
Regards,
Andy

Hi Andy and welcome from Norwich also
See you at Strumpshaw soon - we have loads of Dragons, Damsels and Dems!
Mike

I went to the bds meet at upton fen last weekend and was completely spoilt for norfolk hawkers - i had one hovering about three feet away on the path at head height. It clearly wanted to go down the path we were on and wasn't going to move til we got out of it's way. Also got a lovely 4 spot sitting on a branch in the middle of a drainage ditch below us - would have spent longer looking at it if a hobby hadn't come overhead :)

For those in norwich - have you checked out witlingham country park at trowse? Fantastic for dragonflies - good numbers of emperors and black tailed skimmers at the moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back