• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 more from mallorca (1 Viewer)

capdegat

hi
thanks for confirmation but i missed a couple so would ask same again please.
these are more difficult for me escpecially second on due to rubbish shot .
I think first is juv kite but thats it. second looks like pratincole from books but I've never seen one in flesh so guessing on bad picture .
thanks for help

Attachments

• 012_1764a.jpg
    012_1764a.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 012_2356.jpg
    012_2356.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 160
looking through my books again buzzard has white feathering right along back of wing while these stop well short as per kite ( as I see it ) and thanks for praticol id .

I agree with booted and collared pratincole, plenty of booted around when I was there last week, the paler inner primaries are a good feature.

Do'nt be too harsh on yourself - once you have seen CP they're distinctive and your slightly blurred shot captures the in-flight 'jizz' IMO - the White inner primaries of the raptor are a good feature of the species IMO and was certainly noticeable on a good number of the couple of thousand i saw in Tarifa last September.....

Laurie:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back